We are seeking Teaching Assistants who can make a real difference to the lives and education of young people. The role is based within a secondary school based in Salford, and is easily commutable from Manchester, Bolton, Stretford, Sale and Trafford.
Whilst experience is preferred, we are able to offer full training for those looking to make a career change.
As a Teaching Assistant you will work on a one to one or small group basis, either inside or out of the classroom. You will listen and help learners resolve issues that may be creating barriers to education; implement strategies to support learners with confidence and self-esteem; monitor attendance & punctuality; and work with parents on behaviour strategies and parenting skills.
We are looking for people who:
- Have a strong determination to make a difference to the lives of young people
- Can demonstrate excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Have the ability to relate to young people and adults
- Able to work well under pressure
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
- Show a commitment to safeguarding
- Be creative, innovative and adding value to the curriculum and provision
The school is part of a large academy trust, which offers great opportunity for further development and progression. The school is rated ‘good’ by Ofsted, and has a strong, ambitious leadership team.
Interested? Click apply now and we will come back to you.