Are you Teaching Assistant looking for your next challenge? We are seeking experienced Teaching Assistants who can make a real difference to the lives and education of young people. The role is based within a secondary SEN provision.
Our client has a group of schools across the Manchester area; including Salford, Northern Moor, Oldham, Bolton, Bury and Wigan. Roles will be offered on a temporary to permanent basis. This role will be based at the Wigan school.
On a day to day basis you will be working on a one to one basis, either inside or out of the classroom. You will listen and help learners resolve issues that may be creating barriers to education; implement strategies to support learners with confidence and self-esteem; monitor attendance & punctuality; and work with parents on behaviour strategies and parenting skills.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for people who:
- Have proven experience of supporting young people of secondary school age, ideally within an education or sports setting.
- Can demonstrate excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Can analyse problems and suggest solutions
- Can show assertiveness in dealing with pupils and fellow professionals
- Use a non-judgemental approach at work
- Are able to organise and manage their own time
- Have the ability to relate to young people and adults
- Able to work well under pressure
- Can demonstrate a strong understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
- Show a commitment to safeguarding
- Be creative, innovative and adding value to the curriculum and provision
Interested? Click apply now and we will come back to you.