An ambitious and growing group of independent schools are actively recruiting for staff for an exciting new school that will open in January 2024. The schools offer Special Educational Needs (SEN) education at secondary level. The schools have delivered results within the Greater Manchester area within their existing centres and want to support more young people in the Wallasey area. Our new school will be commutable from Liverpool, Birkenhead, Ellesmere Port and is close to good public transport links including rail and bus routes.
Working within the school with students at all levels, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the subject teacher in implementing lesson plans and instructional activities
- Providing one-on-one and group support to students with special educational needs
- Helping to create a positive and inclusive classroom environment.
- Supporting students in their social and emotional development
- Assisting with classroom management and behaviour reinforcement
- Collaboration with the lead teacher and the wider school team to assess student progress and adjust teaching strategies as needed.
- Provide feedback on student performance and behaviour.
- Engagement with parents
What we’re looking for
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with confidence and proactivity in engaging with pupils
- Willingness and ability to deal with stressful situations in a calm manner.
- Experience working with children, especially those with special educational needs.
- Knowledge of special education techniques and strategies
We are looking for someone who is patient, compassionate, and understanding. You should have a strong ability to mentor and support students with diverse learning needs. We need somebody who is proactive and confident in engaging with young people.
This position offers an opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of students while gaining valuable experience in the field of education. If you are passionate about helping students succeed and thrive, we encourage you to apply.
Please note that a background check and relevant certifications will be required for this position, and you must be willing and eligible to undergo these checks.
Moxi is part of the Gro Life group, which includes Ed Start schools and Next Level Tutoring and Tuition. As a mark of quality, our exacting standards ensure the high calibre of those who join our team. Assuring customers that they are getting the very best we have to offer. We make sure that everybody we work with share our vision and values.
Interested? Click apply and we’ll come back to you!