Are you passionate about working with young people in a school setting? We are working with a leading high school in Whitefield, who are looking for Learning Mentors to join the team.
On a day to day basis this will mean working on a one to one basis, either inside or out of the classroom. You will listen and help learners resolve issues that may be creating barriers to education; implement strategies to support learners with confidence and self-esteem; monitor attendance & punctuality; and work with parents on behaviour strategies and parenting skills.
What were looking for
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and experience. Whilst experience in a school setting is preferred; wed welcome interest and can provide training and support for those with no previous experience. We are looking for people who can:
- Demonstrate excellent communication, listening and negotiation skills
- Analyse problems and suggest solutions
- Show assertiveness in dealing with pupils and fellow professionals
- Use a non-judgemental approach at work
- Organise and manage your own time
- The ability to relate to young people and adults
- work well under pressure
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of confidentiality and the handling of sensitive information
- Show a commitment to safeguarding
- Be creative, innovative and adding value to the curriculum and provision
- This is a great opportunity to work with young people; helping to reduce barriers to education and make a real impact.
This role is term time only; working as part of a large team within a mainstream school. You will work during school hours; with occasional starts at 8.30am for team meetings, which will be planned and agreed in advance.
Interested? Click apply now and we will come back to you.
Please note that due to the nature of this role, enhanced DBS checks will be undertaken for successful applicants. You will also be asked to provide 2 references, and provide proof of training & qualifications.
Teaching Assistant; Learning Mentor; Term Time; Secondary; SEN